Friday, June 4, 2010

Watercolor Artist Magazine's 2010 One's to Watch Issue

Got a call from the editors of Watercolor Artist Magazine today. I've been selected for the 2010 "One's to Watch" issue. A great honor and I we'll be seeing some of my work in the Dec 2010 issue due out in October.

I've been painting a lot of small ones lately for an upcoming show. I'm looking for ways to make purchasing my work a little more affordable in these nasty economic times. Here are a few new ones. I've been concentrating on doing some images that reflect my love of the Gulf Coast. I'm so unbelievably angry at what's going on down there. More on that later though.

The Charlie Bychurch- Coden, Alabama
9" x 6"


Twilight- Coden, Alabama
9" x 6"


7 comments:

  1. Congratulation Iain..you have some wonderful works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen- I'm very honored the selected me for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS Iain glad to have found your blog ..admire greatly your watercolours and superb technique
    and love your subjects architecture tractors trains boats ....beautiful sketches san francisco ...good luck with the smaller format .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed looking at your paintings. Lovely watercolours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jane and Rajeev. It was a nice surprise to hear about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mr, Iain Stewart....I viewed many watercolors & yours on this site. I thank your instinct, intuition & your mechanism, for giving KASHMIR (india) like, pure & sincere watercolors,
    I invite you to visit Kashmir Valley & paint the nature around, fresh, fragrant, like in womb.
    no doubt I possess a small living place, but, I can accommodate you & won't make you to spend a single penny.
    shafichaman@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete